In our quest for ultimate health and fitness, wellness, whatever you want to call it. We all may try and do some unusual things (thinking back to the time I tried to drink raw eggs because I saw Rocky do it) or remember back when protein powder tasted really bad? and the bars were like bricks and tasted like cardboard. So yeah things like that. Us humans are always looking for something that will give us that edge. So here is something you may already be doing and it’s so simple that if you aren’t then you should start today, and that is drinking lemon water. Yes, you read it right lemon water, you can do it warm or cold I prefer cold and first thing in the morning, Here’s why:
- It’s going to give your immune system a boost:
Our bodies can’t produce vitamin C so we have to get it from food sources and the antioxidant boost we get is especially good for us in the colder months to fight off colds and flu.
- Helps to reduce inflammation in our bodies by removing uric acids so if you have aches and pains in those joints this can help with that.
- Aids in digestion, by metabolizing cholesterol to bile acids used in digestion.
- Helps to enhance enzyme function by stimulating your liver to burn more fat (in a 2005 article published by the American College of Nutrition getting enough vitamin helps the body burn 30% more fat during exercise.)
- Can also help to curb caffeine cravings. I personally haven’t tried this but I will. In the last few months I’ve been dinking way too much coffee and am finding it hard to kick the habit. So stay tuned and I’ll let you know how it goes.
So all this being said drinking lemon water isn’t the magic pill for weight loss but you can’t deny the evidence. Have it warm or cold either way it’s a great way to begin your day
(jill corleone, 2016)